Smoothies are a perfect option for a quick and healthy breakfast, quick meal after lunch, or just for the moments you feel hungry and you want something energizing and healthy.
This recipe is universal and you can use almost any type of fruit you have handy.
1. One sour fruit – for example a kiwi, berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc.), mango, pineapple, apple or whatever you like. You can use 1-2 fruits or 1-2 handfuls of berries, depending on the quantity you’d like to prepare.
2. One sweet fruit – for example a banana or a pear.
3. Milk – if you are vegan or prefer nuts milk you can use any type of nut milk, soy milk, coconut milk, rice milk, etc. Here is a great recipe for home-made almond milk, which is perfect if you wish to have a maximum healthy and raw smoothie. If you prefer, you can also use normal cow milk, yoghurt, or any other type of milk you like.
Optional additional ingredients:
- You can add optionally different super foods, like maca root, cinnamon, spirulina, chia seeds, etc.
- You can add different types of protein powder.
- You can add a teaspoon of honey or maple syrup if you like the smoothie to be sweeter.
- If you like to experiment, you can try adding different other ingredients, like nuts or seeds.
You put everything into a blender. The milk should be enough to almost cover the fruit, but be a little bit below their level in the blender. Blend everything for about 1 minute and you are ready to enjoy your tasty and healthy smoothie. 🙂
In case you do not have a blender at home I would highly recommend you to get one, as with it you can prepare lots of various delicious and healthy recipes. I use my blender every day. 🙂 Here you can have a look at different blenders and choose one that fits your needs. I would recommend one that is at least 800 power watts and can hold at least 2l (0.5 gallons) of liquid.